What could Rapid Transit look like in London?
- Rapid Transit (RT) would operate in dedicated laneways that would allow it to bypass other vehicles, allowing it to stay on schedule.
- Would have signal priority at major intersections in order to stay on-schedule and operate quickly.
- RT would form a backbone for transit in London. Travellers can use Rapid Transit for long distance trips to get to their destinations faster and more reliability.
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and Light Rail Transit (LRT) are both proven technologies that allow travellers to get to their destination faster and increase the number of riders using transit.
- RT is about making transit better for existing riders and to attract new riders. It will increase transportation capacity in London and offer new mobility options.
- RT can operate with as frequently as every 5-10 minutes, meaning you know there will always be a bus coming. You won’t need to live your life by a bus schedule.
Was this helpful?