Shift Rapid Transit has held four rounds of Public Information Centres (PIC) at key points of the study. At each event, display panels were presented for public review and representatives of the City of London, London Transit Commission and consultant team were available to discuss the study on a one-on-one basis with members of the public.
The fourth PIC, held in February 2017, was held in conjunction with the Richmond Street Municipal Underground Utilities Realignment EA study.
PIC #1 - February 4, 2015
Presented information on:
- The study objectives;
- Information on the Environmental Assessment process;
- The planning and policy context (rationale) for Rapid Transit in London;
- Background information on previous work undertaken with respect to Rapid Transit study area; and,
- Information on how to contract the study team.
PIC 1 was followed by an event featuring three expert speakers. This event provided background on rapid transit in Canada.
PIC #2 - May 28, 2015
The purpose of PIC #2 was to:
- Provide an update on public feedback to date;
- Present the preliminary recommended Rapid Transit network and the assessment framework used to develop it;
- Identify typical characteristics of the two vehicle technologies under consideration and of stations/stops; and,
- Outline the type of runningways that could be used.
PIC #3 - December 2, 2015
The purpose of PIC #3 was to:
- Provide an update on public feedback collected to date;
- Present the four network alternatives and the preliminary preferred Rapid Transit network based on the framework assessment;
- Identify corridor impacts (e.g. road widenings, new bridges, property impacts);
- Collect public feedback of the details presented.
PIC #4 - February 23, 2017
The purpose of PIC #4 was to:
- Present the preliminary preferred rapid transit network solution, including alignment, technology and corridors;
- Detail the routing through specific areas and the potential impacts;
- Provide information on supporting strategies that will support the larger vision, including station access (bike, pedestrian and local transit), land use planning, urban design, intelligent transportation systems, and transit-oriented development;
- The preferred storage and maintenance facility site; and,
- Next steps moving forward with the project.
PIC #5 - December 9 - 14, 2017 | Encore sessions: January 24, 2018
The purpose of PIC #5 was to obtain feedback from the public to aid in the evaluation of the Bus Rapid Transit design options. The City of London was assessing design options to minimize or mitigate impacts according to the Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP; Ontario Regulation 231/08).
- View PIC presentation and materials
- View PIC dates and locations
- Learn about PIC 5 encore sessions
- PIC Summary Report
PIC #6 - Spring/Summer 2018