Location: Central Library
Date: February 4, 2015
The purpose of the event was to share information about the study with the public and to gather feedback and input on preliminary planning.
PIC 1 presented information on:
- The study objectives;
- Information on the Environmental Assessment process;
- The planning and policy context (rationale) for Rapid Transit in London;
- Background information on previous work undertaken with respect to Rapid Transit and related studies;
- Information on how to contact the study team.
PIC 1 was followed by an event featuring three expert speakers. This event provided background on rapid transit in a Canadian context. The speakers were:
- Former Mayor of Mississauga, Hazel McCallion;
- Michael Roschlau, President and CEO of the Canadian Urban Transit Association; and,
- Dr. Jeff Casello, Associate Professor, Planning and Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo.